Saturday, 7 October 2017

Air coach etiquette

I took the Air Coach up to Dublin at 2am what with being too cheap to spring for a hotel up there. I met John Murphy getting off the bus with two buxom German frauleins on each arm and a knowing smile. Just back from the Munich beer festival he was saying. Yep, four altogether. Fair play. 

Anyways, at 2am you don’t expect people to be making phone calls or texting. You certainly don’t expect them to be watching porn on their phones with the accompanying line dancing music. But not in my bus, it was at that point that I knew this was going to be a long day. And so it turned out. My plan to walk five hours from Lisbon Airport quickly tuned into 7.5 hours, not helped by the 32 degree heat. But I won’t go on, I had made my own choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment