Thought no more about it until later when I arrived in Santarem when all these pigeons landed on my back and my arms, in a non-threatening way, like. Next thing I knew, all the traffic stopped and people crossed themselves and bowed before me. There was a stillness about the place, this was something different. The mayor came out to greet me and asked me to address the gathering crowds. I told him I didn’t speak Portuguese but he was bowing before me at the time and may not have heard.
Anyway a bunch of dignitaries rocked up, plus thousands who diverted from Fatima to hear me speak. I gave my normal ‘what is, is, and what isn’t, isn’t and we must all accept that what we cannot accept’ speech. The crowded was a first silent, and then started to chant “El Chosen One”, and bowed before me. I could see the mayor of Fatima was well fed up with all this but what could I do.
I quickly made my excuses and the birds and I left Santarem. One doesn’t like to make a fuss. An hour later I stopped, killed a few of the pigeons and made a delicious stew adding some herbs I collected on the way. I must say I always suspected I might be the ‘Chosen One’ so none of this was a shock if I’m honest about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment